Monday, February 16, 2015

¿QUIERE HABLAR ESPAÑOL?


On this blog, we've talked before about the challenges of learning a foreign language.  I know them well as Spanish is the 2nd foreign language I've learned.  I actually studied French all through high school and college, lived in France for a time, and used to be fluent believe it or not.  My Spanish journey started in February 2008 when I moved into my first Spanish congregation.  It's been a long journey but enjoyable mainly because I have always been fascinated with languages.

For about 6 months now I've actually been teaching one!!  Yep, I am now officially a Spanish teacher with 6 students, and that's how I've been supporting my need greater activities.  Every so often I do piece work or translation through oDesk.com but mainly everything is classes now.

I mention it because I have room (and need, quite frankly) for a couple more students *hint hint*.  I charge $15/hour, recommend 1 hour/week, teach both children and adults, and it's all online.  I'd be happy to provide references if you so require.  My specialty is listening to you converse and read in Spanish and being able to tell exactly where you need to focus your efforts.  However, I have other students who started from square one and can fill that need too.

If you're interested, just send me a message via the private email form on the right side of the screen.  Thank you in advance for your consideration and recommendations.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shawn. Can you send me details of your teaching? I started in Pimsleur, and spent some time in panama, started progressing, but then ended up mostly around English creole (which i love) but not much practice. Back in the states now. Interested.... Love spanish.
    If i'm going to learn i'd rather pay a need-greater. It won't be right away... Long story... But i really am interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be happy to. Why don't you guys privately send me your email address (use the form to the right of the current blog comments).

      Delete