Friday, April 20, 2012

CONMEMORACION 2012



I've been promising everyone a Memorial update and sorry it took so long to post it.

Our campaign went well...we covered all our town territory and even our 2 rural territories, so we were pleased.  We ended up with an attendance of 266 which I thought was a nice turnout being that we have 93 publishers currently.  However, some brothers were disappointed because last year we had over 300.  But last year was the 1st Memorial and this year was the 2nd....I personally saw some students and older friends attending the 1st one so they didn't have to get home too late.

Unfortunately none of my students came to either the Memorial or the Special Talk.  We ended up with 144 at the Special Talk.

You'll see in the pictures that we all look pretty shiny...that's because April (the hottest month of the year) started off with a bang.  Literally, April 1st was the 1st time it got over 90 degrees and it stayed there ALL WEEK.  The day of the Memorial was the hottest day to date...94 degrees during the day and about 90 at the time of the Memorial....OUCH!  Understanding this suffering has convinced me that we'll have a.c. in the new system :)

I was especially excited that after the Memorial a big group of us went to eat Chinese food.  It was the first time I had been invited with a group of Nicas to eat out.  I'm not sure if it's just not done because of budget or if I'm just not getting invited....either way I liked it!

Click on the picture above to see more....it's part of a Picasa album.

No comments:

Post a Comment