Friday, March 13, 2015

HANDMADE OPPORTUNITY

I have an idea about how to earn some money the next time I'm in the U.S., but I want your feedback on it.

Remember I posted a while back about how many bring home handmade goods from their host country and sell them?  Ok, so I've stumbled onto this AMAZING opportunity and wanted to see if anyone else is as excited as me.

There's this restaurant/store in Granada called El Tercer Ojo and in one shop is incredible leather goods that go by the brand name CocoBolo (click for the website to see examples of work).  They're over $100 for a small bag.  Well, I was on a study a while back, and the Dad was working with leather in the background. When we take our leave I see he's stamping CocoBolo on his products.  Poor thing sells his work to this shop for next to nothing.  So I asked if he makes things for people too and not just shops, and he said yes.

When our friend Andrea was here, she tried it out, and got to customize a crossbody leather bag for a fraction of what it would cost in Granada or her native Canada.  Literally, picked size, type of leather, color, number of pockets, buckle vs. zipper, CUSTOMIZED!!  Now I have another friend getting a beautiful bag, wallet, and Bible cover for a ridiculously cheap price for leather goods.  Here's some pictures of his type of products:
Very similar to his style


Andrea's actual bag
So my question is, would anyone be interested in ordering one??  I'm coming home for a few weeks in June, and I could bring the bag then ship it to you.  The gentleman works off pictures and dimensions, so you'd just need to tell me specifics on what you want (sending pix of course), and I could transmit that idea to him.  He'll quote me a price, and you can let me know if that + shipping would be acceptable.  If so, maybe pay me half now and the other half in June upon delivery.

6 comments:

  1. Coming in June BUT are you coming to MEMPHIS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly want to. Family vacay last week in June and work in July but at the very least, I'll spend a long weekend with you guys.

      Delete
  2. Yes Yes Pls let me know we are now in Nashville! Would love to sit down and chat about selling this online? Let me know! My email is travelingbrood@me.com
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really love one of these. I'm on crutches so I need a cross body bag for ease of use. I also need something with nicely organized compartments to place my magazines, tracts and possibly a water bottle. I found a bag like this but it's about $300 and I'm on a pioneer budget. It'd be a good investment but if you could get the brother to make one for me, id be more than happy to pay for his instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I should add my email harumi.hiime@gmail.com

      Delete
    2. I'm so sorry, but I'm already back from the States, so I'd have no way to get it to you. Plus, just want to make clear it's known this individual is not a brother.

      Delete