Thursday, January 24, 2013

RECIPE INSPIRATIONS

While we were at Rancho Santana resort in Las Salinas (southwestern coast), we ate a lot at their on-site restaurant, La Finca y El Mar (Surf and Turf).  It's a great restaurant which, according to their website, has a head chef who used to work at a Michelin star restaurant in the US.  Some of the stuff we ate which isn't featured on my blog was a lobster omelette with bacon and avocado with a side of fruit salad for $10 and a four meat omelette with a side of fruit salad for $8.  Click here to see their full menu which doesn't include a variety of specials each night.

Lately, I've been toying with some online ideas on how to feature my cooking skills and I've been playing with a lot of recipes.  The idea is that I want to try to make US comfort food and ethnic foods hard to find down here but with ingredients you CAN find here. Let's just say that the photos you've seen below have definitely been an inspiration for me.  By the way, subscribers, tell me what you think about that idea.  Is that something you'd like to follow?  Any requests or suggestions?  I'll be putting a sample video up on YouTube soon so you can watch it and let me know your thoughts.  Thanks for your interest!

Pina colada french toast.  The french toast batter has Nicaraguan Flor de Cana rum in it, the bread is thick and homemade, and it's topped with fresh coconut and local pineapple.  10 stars

My very health-conscious mother ordered this but I have to admit it was delish.  Natural yogurt with homemade granola, fresh fruit, and honey.

This was my breakfast one morning.  Breakfast bagel with cream cheese, a TON of avocado, onion, tomato, and cucumber.  It didn't come with bacon but I added it for a dollar more and it was soooo worth it.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment