Wednesday, January 30, 2013

THE LIZZIE BENNET DIARIES




Apparently today's posts are all about obsessions.

You guys know that Pride and Prejudice (the Keira Knightly version) is one of my favorite movies, right?  Don't pretend you don't love a good "tea and crumpet" movie too!  Well, there's a YouTube channel called the Lizzie Bennet Diaries I've recently discovered, and I love it.  The premise is that a grad student has to do a MassComm project and chooses to do a video blog with a modern-day twist on the Pride & Prejudice theme.  It's so smart and fabulous!!  It's super funny and done really well.

There's a lot of episodes but totally worth it.  Definitely start from Episode 1, or you'll be totally lost.  I actually haven't finished them all yet, but here are some of my favorites so far:

Episode 15--Mr. Darcy sees his crush, Lizzie Bennet, approaching and "fake texts" so he doesn't have to talk to her.  Basically, Mr. Darcy is a male me.  That is TOTALLY my M.O. when it comes being interested in someone.  It goes something like this, "Wow, I think I might like him.  I must NEVER talk to him again!!!"  So you'll be surprised to know I'm still single.  I know!  Weird, huh?!  Yeah, I never said it made sense but then again, reality never does.

Episode 12--Lizzie's trying to figure out if Bing's sister, Caroline, is genuinely being nice to her sister, Jane, or just being snarky.  She tells herself, "Okay, I'm going to be positive. *doubtful look on face* Pooooosssssiiitive."  
That, basically, has been my mantra for most of my adult life.  The fact that it's still my mantra tells you how well it's been working :)

*Disclaimer: when sister Lydia Bennet makes an appearance sometimes there's some brief language.  It's few and far between, but if you're concerned about your conscience, don't tune in.

No comments:

Post a Comment