Monday, March 25, 2013

BEATING THE HEAT

It's officially summer here now.  We've had about a week of 90+ temperatures during the day and about 87 or 88 at night.  It will continue in that same pattern until May when the rains come.  These moments really test my patience especially as it's falling during Semana Santa (Holy Week) here.  

So tonight, as a lit-up neon Jesus rolled by in a massive procession with a live band, how did I cope?  Three words....A.C., chocolate (thank you, Miia, for remembering me when you went back to Finland!), Alias re-runs :)

4 comments:

  1. try living in a more run of the mill Nicaraguan home with no AC at all. you have nothing to complain about

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I lived 9 months with a Nica family exactly how you're describing, and it was tough. The problem is that electricity costs are sooo high in Nicaragua right now I've probably used my a.c. only 3 times in the year I've lived here :( Hopefully the rains will come soon and give us a break!

      Delete
  2. my thoughts exactly. I live in Managua and we still haven't seen any rain yet. i've loved Nicaragua but am definitely prepared to make it back to the US. living abroad certainly shows you the staggering amount of things we have to be grateful for back home. good luck in your endeavors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the rains officially started this week! What about there? I'm going home too soon. A month at home is usually the break I need to feel refreshed enough to come back here.

      Delete