Wednesday, April 17, 2013

OUT SICK

O is for out sick.



Sorry guys, I'm just getting to my post now.  On Wednesday when I was supposed to do this post, I was down with nausea, fever, and tummy troubles.  If I was in the US, I probably would think it's just a virus and move on, but here, of course, it's a whole new ballgame.  I'm thinking malaria? dengue? yellow fever? parasites?  Also, since it's already burning hot here, having a fever means pumping yourself not just full of water but something stronger like Gatorade or suero which is basically a saline solution that's drinkable instead of intravaneous.  And you'd better hope you don't have to go to the hospital where you'd be recuperating in a room full of 8 other people with stray dogs and cats for company and dependent on friends/family for clothes, food, sheets, and bathing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment